ClearCorrect Aligners in North Central San Antonio
Why Choose ClearCorrect
One of the primary concerns people often have about dental braces is the impact of the metalwork on their smile. ClearCorrect offers an almost invisible aligning system that straightens teeth fast and contains no metal. Some problems ClearCorrect may help with include:
- Overcrowding — This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding may cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth — This may occur because teeth are missing or the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- Crossbite — This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. Uneven wear may occur and lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite — This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth.
- Underbite — This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur with either condition.
How Does It Work?
First, Dr. Lazor needs to devise an initial treatment plan before creating the special aligning trays. Three-dimensional digital images are taken of the entire jaw. These images allow the dentist to move specific teeth on the screen, view the jaw from different angles, and also what the face might look like in years to come. This technology actually shows how ClearCorrect trays change facial aesthetics.
Once planning is complete, a series of custom-made aligning trays is made. The total amount of aligners required varies with each individual case, but 20-29 sets per arch is typical.
Each set of ClearCorrect aligners snaps over the teeth and uses mild pressure to reposition them. Just change the trays as prescribed, usually every two weeks, and you’ll see your smile straighten in a matter of months. Patients should see the dentist every several weeks to ensure everything is progressing as it should.
Enjoying Life With ClearCorrect
With ClearCorrect, eat whatever looks good because your aligners are removable. Just take them out before meals to enjoy any favorite foods. This is important to ensure no food gets trapped between the teeth and trays to promote tooth decay.
ClearCorrect aligning trays may be temporarily removed for important occasions—meaning the duration of the process is patient-controlled. This is usually not a problem since the trays are comfortable and nearly invisible. Many people report complete satisfaction with both the ClearCorrect treatment and the stunning results.